The binocucom, or Binoc-U-Com, is a device used by the Cooper Gang for communication and reconnaissance purposes. Sly Cooper's binocucom is fitted with a camera, which will allow him to snap photos Bentley can use to plan missions. Bentley's binocucom can be used to fire his crossbow and put guards to sleep. Murray's binocucom does not have any special uses, but can be used as a pair of binoculars.
It can be assumed that every member of the Cooper Gang has their own binocucom, as well as Carmelita Fox, though Penelope's and Dimitri's are never seen. In Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, the Guru can communicate with other gang members using his Moon Stone, similar to a binocucom. In Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Sly allows his ancestors to use his binocucom while they are out on missions.
The binocucom can be opened by tapping or in Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, but in Sly 2: Band of Thieves and Sly 3, it is opened by clicking . Moving around is done with , and zooming in and out is done by moving .
In Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, the binocucom is still opened by clicking , but zooming is now linked to and moving around is linked to . It also now comes with a radar very similar to the radar seen in standard gameplay on the bottom-right of the screen.
- Sly Cooper: Sly's binocucom is blue with his symbol at the top. His can be used to take reconnaissance photos and capture Ghosts.
- Bentley: Bentley's binocucom is green with an aiming cursor in the center used for firing sleep darts. In Thieves in Time, it has a picture of Penelope in the bottom-left corner. After completing Of Mice and Mechs, Bentley defaces the picture due to Penelope's betrayal.
- Murray: Murray's binocucom is dark pink and has no other special functions. In Thieves in Time, Murray has a Guru key chain hanging at left side of the screen.
- The Guru: The Guru uses his Moon Stone as a binocucom. When in use, the inside is a sphere with a dark purple background.
- Carmelita Fox: Carmelita's binocucom is orange and, like Murray's, it has no special functions.
- Sly's ancestors: Sly gives his binocucom to his ancestors whenever they are doing jobs or when they leave the safe house.
- The word "binocucom" was created by combining "binocular" and "com" (shorthand for communication), which coincides with its primary functions.
- In Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, you can move the heads of Sly, Bentley and Murray while they talk in the binocucom screens by using for Bentley/Murray and for Sly.
- In Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, you can get a move in a vault that was created by Bruce O'Coop that allows you to see the names of every guard and facts about them through the binocucom.
- In PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, a Sony-made crossover brawler that features Sly as one of the twenty playable characters, Sly's level three super attack is taking recon photos of the other fighters.
- In Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, despite the graphical re-design of most characters, the key chain of The Guru in Murray's binocucom sticks to the original PS2 design from Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves.
- The Panda King (Sly 3) and Carmelita (Thieves in Time) both have binocucoms, but they are never used for communication.
- While Sly's binocucom is usually the one that specializes in reconnaissance photos, Bentley used his binocucom to take pictures during the "Jailhouse Blues" mission in Thieves in Time due to Sly being unavailable to do so himself.
- Although he is playable beforehand, Bob Cooper cannot use Sly's binocucom in Thieves in Time until after "Getting Stronger" is completed.