The binocucom, or Binoc-U-Com, is a device used by the Cooper Gang for communication and reconnaissance purposes. Sly Cooper's binocucom is fitted with a camera, which will allow him to snap photos Bentley can use to plan missions. Bentley's binocucom can be used to fire his crossbow and put guards to sleep. Murray's binocucom does not have any special uses, but can be used as a pair of binoculars.
It can be assumed that every member of the Cooper Gang has their own binocucom, as well as Carmelita Fox, though Penelope's is never seen. In Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, the Guru can communicate with other gang members using his Moon Stone, similar to a binocucom. In Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Sly allows his ancestors to use his binocucom while they are out on missions.
The binocucom can be opened by tapping or in Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, but from Sly 2: Band of Thieves and onward, it is opened by clicking . Moving around is done with , and zooming in and out is done by moving .
In Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, zooming in on the binocucom is now linked to and moving around is linked to . It also now comes with a radar very similar to the radar seen in standard gameplay on the bottom-right of the screen.
It is not known how others are able to put shots of their heads inside of their binocucoms. Bentley explains in Thieves in Time that he is not really inside a binocucom when talking to Bob, but he also says that he can't explain the concept of how it really works, so for now it remains unknown as to how the others got themselves inside.
- Sly Cooper: Sly's binocucom is blue with his symbol at the top. His can be used to take reconnaissance photos and capture Ghosts.
- Bentley: Bentley's binocucom is green with an aiming cursor in the center used for firing sleep darts. In Thieves in Time, it has a picture of Penelope in the bottom-left corner. After completing the job "Shell Shocked Heart" in Of Mice and Mechs, Bentley defaces the picture due to Penelope's betrayal.
- Murray: Murray's binocucom is dark pink and has no other special functions. In Thieves in Time, Murray has a Guru key chain hanging at left side of the screen.
- The Guru: The Guru uses his Moon Stone as a binocucom. When in use, the inside is a sphere with a dark purple background.
- Panda King: The Panda King's binocucom is crimson with a sniper rifle-like aiming cursor. It is shaped like a samurai helmet.
- Carmelita Fox: Carmelita's binocucom is orange and, like Murray's, it has no special functions. In Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, she uses a standard pair of binoculars instead.
- Dimitri Lousteau: Dimitri's binocucom is green and is really the mask and other headgear from his grandfather's scuba diving gear. It is always visible when he is playable in Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves. Much like Bentley's binocucom, it can be used to target where a sharp weapon will be fired. Rather than darts, it fires spears, which come from Dimitri's gun instead of the binocucom itself. Ammo is limited, and the amount of ammo remaining is shown on the left side of the binocucom, even when reloading.
- Sly's ancestors: Sly gives his binocucom to his ancestors whenever they are doing jobs or when they leave the safe house.
- The word "binocucom" was created by combining "binocular" and "com" (shorthand for communication), which coincides with its primary functions.
- Since some of the playable characters do not communicate with their binocucoms, the "com" might also be derived from "computer".
- In Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, you can move the heads of Sly, Bentley and Murray while they talk in the binocucom screens by using for Bentley/Murray and for Sly.
- In Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, you can get a move in a vault that was created by Bruce O'Coop that allows you to see the names of every guard and facts about them through the binocucom.
- In PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, a Sony-made crossover brawler that features Sly as one of the twenty playable characters, Sly's level three super attack is taking recon photos of the other fighters.
- In Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, despite the graphical re-design of most characters, the key chain of The Guru in Murray's binocucom sticks to the original PS2 design from Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves.
- The Panda King (Sly 3) and Carmelita (Thieves in Time) both have binocucoms, but they are never used for communication.
- Carmelita also never communicates through the use of a binocucom in Sly 3 due to the fact that she uses a standard pair of binoculars instead. These would be swapped out for the regular binocucom in Thieves in Time.
- Dimitri never communicates through the use of his binocucom, even though it is the only one not used for communication that is required to be seen during gameplay.
- While Sly's binocucom is usually the one that specializes in reconnaissance photos, Bentley used his binocucom to take pictures during the "Jailhouse Blues" mission in Thieves in Time due to Sly being unavailable to do so himself.
- Sly Cooper can use his binocucom while hanging from hooks.