Disguises are used on several occasions by Sly Cooper, sometimes by Bentley and Murray and even rarely by Carmelita Fox during missions. In most affairs, Sly will dress up as one of the enemy guards and even socialize with the security. Sly is a specialist when it comes to camouflage; however, while he is given the title of "master of disguise," Bentley has also stated that he is a poor actor when it comes to accents.
First introduced in Sly 2: Band of Thieves, Sly's first disguise was a tuxedo compiled of stolen formal wear from a hotel in India, where he intended to sneak into Rajan's palace. He first uses it to dance with Neyla in order to impress Inspector Carmelita Fox, and then utilizes it to distract everyone in the ballroom while Murray attempts to steal the Clockwerk wings in "Operation: Hippo Drop." Murray also takes a guard helmet to disguise himself in the RC Combat Club.
In Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, they soon become playable and heavily useful in interacting with guards and getting around the area undetected. Sly's ability is limited when a sentry inspects him, and so he must resort to support from Bentley by exchanging passwords with the guard.
List of disguises
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
- Tuxedo disguise (Sly; only used in the ballroom segments of "A Starry Eyed Encounter")
- Moose guard disguise (Murray; only used in "RC Combat Club")
- Lumberjack Games Judge disguise (Sly, Bentley, and Murray; only used in "Operation: Canada Games")
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
- Venetian mobster disguise (Sly; playable)
- ACES pilot disguise (Sly, Bentley and Murray; only used when in the hotel throughout "Flight of Fancy")
- Wedding Planner disguise (Bentley, only used in "Get a Job")
- Wedding Photographer disguise (Sly; playable)
- Cantankerous Tim disguise (Sly; playable)
- General Tsao disguise (Sly; only used briefly in "Operation: Wedding Crasher")
- Jing King wedding disguise (Carmelita; only used during "Operation: Wedding Crasher" and the following wedding)
Goodbye My Sweet
- Thaddeus Winslow Cooper III disguise (Sly)
- Bavarian citizen disguise (Bentley and Murray)