This is a list of content that was either removed or altered in the final version of Sly 2: Band of Thieves.
- There was going to be a ninth episode that took place in Monaco. A mission was also detailed as having Bentley hijack a yacht and crash it into the docks. It is assumed that this was going to be a second Dimitri Lousteau episode, as he has only one, and he is in Monaco in The Adventures of Sly Cooper, Issue 1.
- A yacht appeared in an early version of Paris; while it is unknown what the purpose of the yacht was, it may have been related to the cut Monaco episode.
- An early version of the game originally had maps, in the PAL instruction manual talks about them a brief conversation between Bentley and Sly refer to using them to look for waypoint beacons.
- As mentioned by Bentley in the demo disc for Sly 2, some flashlight guards in specific missions (such as "Theater Pickpocketing") would have red flashlights instead of yellow. These guards would all be in radio contact with one another, so being seen by one would alert all of them.
- Keys in some missions would be replaced by key cards.
- Both the warthog guards and the rats from "The Black Chateau" had different texturing; The warthog guard's face was brown, his eyes were yellow and he had a blue and purple suit. This early version can be seen in the E3 demo of Sly 2. The rats, on the other hand, had a pink bandana instead of a red one; this design is only seen in pictures.
- It originally took three hits from Murray to kill a rooftop guard.
- Rooftop guards originally took two slam moves to defeat, while flashlight guards originally took 3.
- A few early images show there was originally going to be snow in "A Tangled Web," just like "Jailbreak."
- The bank also originally had wooden boards nailed to the door of the abandoned bank Neyla has taken over.
- Several jobs were cut from, or altered in, the final game.
- In The Black Chateau there was a job requiring Sly to ride the skids of a helicopter around Paris in order to drop into and unlock the courtyard behind the nightclub. In the final game, the courtyard's gate is not required to, and cannot, be opened.
- Follow Neyla's mission originally had you chase her back to the start of the mission to gain insider knowledge about Dimitri, which would unlock the cut helicopter mission, instead Neyla just leads you to the nightclub's back entrance.
- Dimitri's boss fight in the mission Operation: Thunder Beak originally took place on the upper levels of Dimitri's printing press room, which also had a removed pipe leading up to the second level and operational elevators, these elevators still function in the final game.
- In the demo, coins would appear in larger amounts.
- Also, clue bottles made no sound.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.