There are three demos available for Sly 2: Band of Thieves.
Sly 2 demosEdit
Demo from Ratchet & Clank: Up Your ArsenalEdit
The PS2 release of Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal includes a demo for Sly 2, which can be accessed if the player holds , , , and then presses on the main menu.
The demo contains all but the rooftop chase of the Cairo mission, ending right after Sly Cooper jumps through the window while escaping Carmelita Fox. Following that are a several missions in Paris; "Follow Dimitri," "Disco Demolitions," "Silence the Alarms" and "Theater Pickpocketing."
- The rat guards have pink hats.
- All coins have Sly Cooper's face on them, to serve as temporary placeholder for the finalized coin designs.
- Coins also spawn in large amounts, and are a bit difficult to pick up.
- Sly, Bentley and Murray have different Thief Meters, showing the percentage of health they have.
- Between the two demos, Murray has a drastic change in his voice.
- During "Silence the Alarms," Bentley and Murray have different lines of dialogue, which is as follows:
- Murray: Hey, Bentley, you don't have to talk to me like I'm a child.
- Bentley: Well, I'm just trying to make it crystal clear for you.
- Murray: What's clear to me is that you're not sure I can pull this off. Look, if I'm the guy for the job - then I'm the guy!... don't worry, The Murray will lay waste to these alarms and emerge triumphant.
- Clues bottles make no sound.
- There is a slight difference in the Paris theme music.
- The warthog guards have red flashlights, and their guns have a different firing sound.
- With Murray, it takes more than two hits to defeat a guard. His Stealth Slam remains intact, however.
- 'Job Complete' screens are different, and have different music.