This is a list of content that was either removed or altered in the final version of Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves.
An Opera of Fear
- Early versions of the pigeon and cat guards from "An Opera of Fear" show them wearing jester Carnevale costumes.
- Octavio also had an original design, in which he had white facial hair, no hat, a red cape and no mask.
- Octavio's sign also had a different design. This could be seen in the Sly vs. Carmelita split-screen minigame in the demo.
- There was a cut mission which saw Bentley bomb the boats with the opera recital signs. This was removed in favor of the Hazard Room.
- The mission where the player must take photos of Octavio did not originally include Sly latching onto the Ferris wheel to overhear Octavio's phone conversation. Instead, the mission just ended, and there was entirely a separate mission in which Sly had to pickpocket keys from guards as Sly and Bentley to unlock the locked-down control panel so that they could destroy it, but the sped up Ferris wheel did not originally break off. Instead, Sly and Bentley jumped onto a roof just like they do in the final game, and Bentley threw bombs at Sly for him to knock onto the Ferris wheel in a cut baseball minigame. The Ferris wheel would then break off and kill three guards, just like it does in the final game.
Rumble Down Under
- In "Lemonade Brawl," guards spawned no coins when defeated.
- The Guru was originally referred to as "The Shaman." This could hint toward an error in the final version of the game where his voice actor, Terry Rose, went credited as the voice of "The Shaman".
- Also, his auras were a different color
- The sun in Yuendumu Australia was originally going to be in a different direction. This is seen in Bentley's slideshows in this episode.
- All waypoints (as seen in "The Shaman Escapes") were blue like Sly's. Also, whenever one was triggered, it would show the Cooper logo following the direction of the waypoint.
- The crocodile has yet to be added to the level, as shown during the aforementioned mission.
- In "The Shaman Escapes," less background noise was heard. Also, when the grinder exploded, it would make a more silent explosion.
Flight of Fancy
- When flying the biplane in "Fly the Biplane," crashing would cause instant death.
- Also, the lights around the arena were red.
- Bentley also had an extra line when you complete the mission, which was "Outstanding, Team Cooper is going to the finals!" This line was given to Dimitri, albeit slightly altered.
- The number of planes Sly had to destroy was originally 30 (although during the first slideshow, Bentley still mentions that Sly needs to face 30 planes).
- Some early images show that Muggshot was originally going to be the main opponent in the ACES competition, while in the final game, he is only a secondary opponent. He is also seen entering the lobby via the main entrance in the opening of the episode when Sly and the gang make their way to the safe house. He can also been seen in early images where Sly is seen running across a rope, which was cropped for the NTSC version's back cover.
Honor Among Thieves
- As suggested by the concept art, the part in the job "Danger in the Skies" where Sly had to take out bats was originally going to be a singular boss fight between him and Dr. M, who would be plugged into a giant bat.
- Sly's backstory originally had a different beginning, where it showed an apparently wounded Sly lying on the ground nearly unconscious
- Other differences with the cutscene include: