This is a list of content that was either removed or altered in the final version of Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves.
- When flying the biplane in "Fly the Biplane," crashing would cause instant death
- Also, the lights around the arena would flash red.
- Bentley also had an extra line when you complete the mission, which was "Outstanding, Team Cooper is going to the finals!"
- The number of planes Sly had to destroy was originally 30.
- In "Lemonade Brawl," guards spawned no coins when defeated.
- The Guru was originally referred to as "The Shaman." This could hint toward an error in the final version of the game where his voice actor, Terry Rose, went credited as the voice of "The Shaman".
- Also, his auras were a different color
- The sun in Yuendumu Australia was originally going to be in a different direction. This is seen in Bentley's slideshows in Rumble Down Under.
- All waypoints (as seen in "The Shaman Escapes") were blue like Sly's. Also, whenever one was triggered, it would show the Cooper logo following the direction of the waypoint.
- Also in that mission, there was no crocodile.
- In "The Shaman Escapes," less background noise was heard. Also, when the grinder exploded, it would make a more silent explosion.
- Sly's backstory originally had a different beginning, where it showed an apparently wounded Sly lying on the ground nearly unconscious
- Other differences with the cutscene include:
- Some early images show that Muggshot was originally going to the main opponent in the ACES competition, while in the final game, he is only a secondary opponent.
- He is also seen entering the lobby via the main entrance in the opening of Episode 3 when Sly and the gang make their way to the safehouse, he can also been seen in early images where Sly is seen running across a rope, which was cropped for the NTSC version's back cover.
- Early versions of the pigeon and cat guards from An Opera of Fear show them wearing jester Carnevale costumes.
- Octavio also had an original design, in which he had white facial hair, no hat, a red cape and no mask.
- Octavio's sign also had a different design. This could be seen in the Sly vs. Carmelita split-screen minigame in the demo.
- There was a cut mission which saw Bentley bomb the boats with the opera recital signs, this was removed in favor of the Hazard Room.
- The mission where you have to take photos of Octavio did not originally include Sly latching onto the Ferris wheel to overhear Octavio's phone conversation, instead the mission just ended, there was a separate mission entirely in which you had to pickpocket keys from guards as Sly and Bentley to unlock the locked down control panel so they can destroy it, but the sped up Ferris wheel did not originally break off instead Sly and Bentley jumped onto a roof just like they do in the final and Bentley threw bombs at Sly for him to knock them onto the Ferris wheel in a cut baseball minigame, this would cause the Ferris wheel to break off and kill 3 guards just like it does in the final game.
- This cut baseball mechanic is featured in the "Search for the Guru" mission where Bentley would throw wall hooks, cane hooks and bombs to Sly to hit them onto the rock walls and poles so that Sly could make his way to the locations of the Guru instead Sly is alone throughout the mission and all the wall hooks and cane hooks are already there.
- As suggested by the concept art, the part in the job "Danger in the Skies" where Sly had to take out bats was originally going to be a singular boss fight between him and Dr. M, who would be plugged into a giant bat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.