What Dimitri plans to do with the Clockwerk part is beyond me, but those plans end tonight.
― Sly Cooper, from the episode's introduction[src]
The Cooper Gang went to Paris to track down Dimitri Lousteau, who was described by Sly as an underworld celebrity, equally at home in high class art circles and shady back alley crimes.
He was once a passionate, young art student, whose art techniques and visionary style were rejected by the art world. He then turned to a life of crime and began forging old masterpieces. He then became the owner of a nightclub on the west side of Paris, which would lure chic, young patrons from far and wide.
Somewhere in Dimitri's nightclub were the Clockwerk tail feathers. While the gang has no idea what Dimitri's plans were, they vowed to put an end to them that night.
|Job name||Completed by|
|Sly was tasked with re-positioning three of Dimitri's satellite dishes, that way Bentley could access his information.|
|Breaking and Entering||Sly|
|Sly snuck through a wine cellar to break into Dimitri's nightclub. Once inside, he took some recon photos of the Clockwerk tail feathers.|
|Bug Dimitri's Office||Sly|
|Sly had to carry a bugged painting to Dimitri's office so that the gang would be able to listen in on his conversations.|
|Sly had to tail Dimitri, without being seen, to find out what he was hiding.|
|Murray had to venture into the nightclub's aquapump room to sabotage it.|
|Silence the Alarms||Murray|
|Murray had to destroy Dimitri's three alarm horns, that way the gang could avoid any complications during their heist.|
|Sly snuck into the theater, where he had to shut down the security in Dimitri's printing press room.|
|Sly encountered Constable Neyla again, and she lead Sly to the back door of Dimitri's discothèque.|
|Bentley entered the discothèque to destroy the disco ball and weaken the moorings on the nightclub's peacock sign.|
|Operation: Thunder Beak||Sly, Bentley, Murray|
|The Cooper Gang worked together to bring down the giant peacock sign and retrieve the Clockwerk tail feathers.|
|Printing Press Duel||Sly|
|Sly confronted Dimitri in his printing press room, where he defeated him and retrieved the tail feathers.|
The Cooper Gang successfully thwarted Dimitri's counterfeiting operation and made off with the Clockwerk tail feathers. Carmelita and Neyla arrived on scene to arrest Dimitri and shut down his nightclub. In celebration of a successful heist, the gang spent a week in Monaco, where Bentley wanted to practice his new card counting formula.
- The disco can be seen from Dimitri's office.
- As Bentley, before heading to the repair truck during the heist, you can use bombs to destroy the supports near the entrance of the nightclub, which will create a ramp for Sly to climb up in the next part of the heist. This is never stated to the player and may have been a minor objective excluded from the final game.
- Since this is an episode in Sly 2 where you lock up the main antagonist, if you hover over the episode in the episode list, an INTERPOL symbol appears in the bottom left-hand corner. Press when you see it and you can watch the bonus video.
- In the PAL version of the game, the gambling scene was removed from the getaway cutscene. As The Sly Collection was likely a port of the PAL version of the game (due to the tendency for these later released versions to have minor bug fixes and faster load times), it also is missing the gambling scene.
- This episode is referenced by Arpeggio several episodes later and then returned to at the end.
- In the PS3 version, the music for "Operation: Thunder Beak" is remixed. In the Vita version, it plays the fight version throughout.
- In gameplay, when Sly grabs the tail feathers after defeating Dimitri, he picks them up with two arms like they are heavy, but in the cinematic, he is seen easily holding them in one hand.
- Additionally in the cinematic, the tail feathers are those of a normal owl, not a mechanical one.
- This is the only episode in the game that does not feature any booby-trapped loot.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Originally, this episode featured a mission where Sly gained access to the rear courtyard by the disco by hitching a ride on a helicopter, as it was locked from the inside.