Traps are a special feature from Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves. When a guard is in the right position, press to the trigger the trap and take the guard out. Some of these traps serve important roles in some missions in the game.
Types[edit | edit source]
- Falling gondola (Venice)
- When a guard is under its shadow, press the button and it's light out! This trap instantly kills the player as well, so be careful!
- This trap is also featured in one of the Hazard Room challenges.
- Water trapdoor (Venice)
- Just wait for any guard to walk over one of these, then press the button and watch them drown. There is a cooldown period before it can be used again.
- Falling plane (Holland)
- Just like the gondola boat, just drop one of these on any unsuspecting guard when they are underneath it.
- Spikes (Kunlun Mountains)
- Wait for a guard to walk over these, then press the switch. There is a cooldown period before it can be used again.
- This trap comes in handy in the mission "Get a Job," where Sly must get rid of the obnoxious Chinese monkey guard trying to ruin his last photo.
- Falling boat (Blood Bath Bay)
- Similar to the plane and the gondola, if any guard happens to walk under these, just drop it.
- In the mission "The Talk of Pirates," Twitchy Ned activates the falling boat traps he runs by when Sly chases him for a pirate hat.
- Falling anchor (Blood Bath Bay)
- Just wait for any unlucky guard, then knock them dead with this heavy anchor. There is a cooldown period before it can be used again.
- One of these is used in the mission "The Talk of Pirates," where Sly must knock out Stone Jake to claim an eye patch. Later in the same mission, Twitchy Ned activates the falling anchor traps he runs by when Sly chases him for a pirate hat.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Australian Outback and Kaine Island are the only episodes without traps.
- Traps will have no effect when used against Carmelita.
- Interestingly, Sly and his teammates would not be harmed by the spike traps if they jump on top of it upon activation. However, if Bentley activates a spike trap by firing a sleep dart at the switch while standing on top of the trap, he would instantly die from the spikes.
References[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.